You are expecting … it’s a busy time with so much to do and plan … you are making a list and checking it twice. You have registered for your baby shower, made extensive lists of all things necessary, picked out baby’s nursery colors, furniture and decor. You are plannign for each and every step along the way. Now, it’s time to select a newborn photographer … so what do you need to know? We have listed some helpful tips on the blog today…
1) Portfolio – First and foremost, when selecting a newborn photographer, review the photographer’s work … you are hiring an artist, so the art he/she produces speaks volumes, be certain the images speak to you, your style, your desire for quality. Our blog is a great resource to view examples of our newborn portraiture.
2) Specialty – Did you know every photographer has a specialty? While many photographers photograph different types of photographic subjects, most will identify their speciality … and maternity and newborn photographers are a specialized group due to specific training in those areas. We specialize in maternity, newborn and baby’s first year fine art portraits.
3) Time Frames – Newborn photographers often limit the number of babies they accept per month by due date, so you may wish to schedule early.
4) Experience – Research to see how long has the photographer been in the newborn photography business? We opened the doors of our photography business in 2010 and have served clients from all over the Triad and Triangle areas of North Caorlina.
5) Provided Items – What items are provided during the newborn photo shoot? We offer access to our massive prop and accessory collection, custom styled for each and every session.
6) Baby Portrait Plan – Does he/she offer a baby portrait plan and if so what does it entail? Did you know this is an amazing resource for affordability! We offer a Baby Portrait Plan that begins with a gender reveal photo shoot and includes and entire year of photography for baby, mom, dad and siblings, meaning UNLIMITED portrait sessions for the immediate family until baby turns one year old! Here are some popular portrait sessions captured by our Baby Portrait Planners:
Maternity (a must and we love to incorporate Daddy in these also, beautiful couple portraits captured)
4 Month Milestone
6 Month Milestone
9 Month Milestone
First Birthday and Cake Smash
Family Portrait in Spring
Family Portraits in Fall
Fields of Summer Portraits
Mother’s Day Portraits
Father’s Day Portraits
4th of July Portraits
and so much more, any session, anytime until baby turns one year old!
7) Maternity – I can’t begin to say enough about our maternity portrait service…they have become our favorite type of portrait session … there is something about the emotion captured in these portrait sessions, the love mom has for baby, the anticipation, the love between mom and dad … these images are priceless and I strongly encourage you to consider this option as these memories are absolutely beautiful and our approach to maternity portraits is different, unique and makes mommy feel and look gorgeous!