So, he finally popped the question & of course, you said YES!!! Now what’s next…. one of the most important decisions is to document the moment by selecting a quality custom photographer. This is a treasured season of life and you want to find the right photographer to capture this moment. You may have googled and found there are a million photographers out there, so how do you narrow down the list and eventually pick just one? We have dedicated a blog series to this subject…
(5) tips to capturing the best engagement pictures
First & foremost, the essential component to capturing the best engagement picture is to SHOP QUALITY first.
Today, we discuss what to look for in quality custom photography?
- Always look at the eyes… not only do the eyes tell a story, but the eyes should be in focus… when editing portrait images from a session, my main focus is always the eyes…the eyes should always be clearly defined and illuminated
- Focus … are the images in focus, are they tack sharp?
- Lighting … every photographer will tell you lighting is key in photography, is the lighting flattering on the subject
- Tones … every color has a tone, clearly defined tones translate beautifully into photography, but when tones are not captured correctly, it results in over and/or under saturated color images & mucky, muddy, even blurry black & white images
- Style … every photographer has a signature style, some prefer a clean, modern approach, others have a vintage feel, some produce exclusively black & white images, familiarize yourself with portfolios of photographers you are considering and pick one whose style draws you in & speaks to you through the images
Join us for our next post on tips to the best engagement portraits, coming soon…